This policy describes the types of personal information we may collect about you, the purposes for which we use the information, the circumstances in which we may share the information and the steps that we take to safeguard the information to protect your privacy. As used throughout this policy, the term “BlockBay Capital” refers to BlockBay Capital B.V. and its affiliates.
The Sources of Information
The personal information we collect about you comes primarily from the account applications or other forms and materials you submit to BlockBay Capital during the course of your relationship with us. We may also collect information about your transactions and experiences with BlockBay Capital relating to our products and services.
Finally, in the provision of financial services to you and subject to strict compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, information may be collected about you indirectly from monitoring or other means (e.g. recording and monitoring e-mails). In these circumstances, the information is not accessed on a continuous or routine basis, but it may be used for compliance or security purposes.
If you deal with BlockBay Capital as a client or on behalf of a client, the typical information we collect about you would include:
- Your name, address and other contact details (such as a personal identification number) .
- Your age, occupation and marital status.
- Extensive financial information, including source of wealth, investment experience and investment objectives, risk tolerance and representations required under applicable law or regulation concerning your financial resources.
- A copy of your passport, identity card or driver’s license, as required by laws and regulations addressing due diligence and related matters.
Use of Your Information
We may use your personal information to:
- Administrate, operate, facilitate and manage your relationship with BlockBay Capital.
- Contact you by post, telephone, e-mail, etc.
- Provide you with information (such as research and insights) or advice concerning products and services offered by BlockBay.
- Facilitate our internal business operations, including assessing and managing risk and fulfilling our legal and regulatory requirements.
If your relationship with BlockBay Capital ends, BlockBay Capital will continue to treat your personal information as described in this policy.
Disclosures of Your Personal Information within BlockBay and to Third Parties
In order to provide efficient and reliable services and to improve product and service options available to you, more than one entity within BlockBay may be given, or given access to, your personal information. When sharing your personal information, we adhere to applicable legal and industry standards regarding the protection of personal information. BlockBay Capital does not disclose your personal information to third parties, except as described in this policy. Third party disclosures may include sharing required information with non-affiliated companies that perform necessary services for your account. Non-affiliated companies that assist BlockBay Capital in providing services to you are required to maintain the confidentiality of such information. Finally, under limited circumstances, your personal information may be disclosed to third parties as permitted by, or to comply with, applicable laws and regulations.
How we protect your privacy
We committed ourselves to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information. We limit access to your personal information to authorized BlockBay employees and, as described above, our service providers are held to stringent standards of privacy. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the information against loss, misuse, damage or modification and unauthorized access or disclosure.
Last updated: March 1, 2018